top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

My speech is fine, why do I need to see a speech language pathologist?

A speech language pathologist (SLP) can provide services to help you improve communication skills.  An SLP also can help you with difficulties in swallowing/dysphagia, voice/dysphonia, cognition, social skills/pragmatics, and family/parent/care partner education.

Do you take insurance?

The Chat Room Therapy currently accepts Medicare and private pay. 


The private pay structure eliminates restrictions from insurance companies, allowing us to collaborate to meet your individual needs in speech-language-cognition, swallowing, and voice therapies.  And we provide superbills* for you to request possible reimbursement from your insurance company.  It is strongly recommended that you contact your insurance carrier to verify coverage and reimbursement percentages for out-of-network speech language therapy services PRIOR to your initial evaluation.  Providing billing codes such as 92523 (speech-language evaluation) and 92507 (speech-language therapy treatment) may be helpful to them.  We are happy to discuss our private pay structure and share more about out-of-network reimbursement further.  

*A superbill is an itemized form used by healthcare providers that reflects services rendered.  A superbill is the main data source for the creation of a healthcare claim, which will be submitted to payers (the insurance company, funds, programs) for reimbursement. 

How frequently and how long will we need to see you?

Each session is typically 50 minutes.  How frequently and how long the services are recommended will vary depending on the individual's needs,  schedule, and availabilities.  

Do you collaborate with other professionals?

Yes, with your consent to communicate, we can collaborate with other professionals for your care plan.

Do you provide in person or virtual/teletherapy services?

We can meet you at the comfort of your home, office, or facility in the areas of La Crescenta, La Canada, Montrose, Glendale, and Pasadena.

We also provide services virtually anywhere in California, so you can access to the service anywhere you are.  To participate in virtual visits, you will only need a computer, tablet, or phone, and the internet.  Visits are conducted on a privacy-safe platform and simple steps to follow to participate.

Do we need an evaluation before starting speech therapy?

Yes, all new clients are required to have an initial speech language evaluation to determine an appropriate treatment plan.  If your you or your loved one had a speech evaluation in the past 3 months by another provider, the evaluation results and recommendations can be used to determine a treatment plan.  

What ages and what type of disorders do you work with?

We have worked with children and adults from age 6 months to over 100 years old.  We are experienced in evaluating and treating individuals with speech and language disorders (developmentally and due to brain injuries) or delays, voice disorder (for professional voice users and due to head and neck cancers), swallowing disorder, social skills/pragmatics, and cognitive disorder due to brain injuries (e.g., stroke, TBI).  We also provide training to parents and care partners.

bottom of page